Re: Nesting SLurs and phrases

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Nesting SLurs and phrases
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 08:08:53 -0500

Hi Jay,

> I copy/pasted your suggestion into the piece and the slurs/phrases all are up.
> Explanation-
> all of the notes are one phrase
> each group of four 8ths are slurred.  In the original the slurs are under the
> 8ths and the phrase mark is above.

Then raise it:

music = {
  \slurDown e''8-1^\markup { \bold "#8"} ^\(
  \slurNeutral f-2( e f) fis-3 f-2( fis f\))
}

\score { \music }

Please read the docs [or read them more closely, if you believe you've already
read them].
Start with the Learning Manual, where it shows how to code slurs.

Cheers,
Kieren.