Re: RE; Re nesting curves getting closer

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: RE; Re nesting curves getting closer
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:42:35 -0700

On 1/23/10 7:07 AM, "Gilles Sadowski" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi.
>
>>> Gilles asked for an attachment I don't exactly know what to attach so
>>> I've attached the latest pdf output.
>>
>> What was wanted was the exact working code to get bad output, which you've
>> included in the body of the email.  Perfect!
>
> IMHO, perfect would be to *attach* a complete lilypond file, so that people
> trying to help don't have to copy/paste/fill the missing bits/fiddle with
> long streaks of blank spaces, etc; but just save and compile.

Well, IMO, it's better to have a short file in the body of the email.
Because that way I can look at it and identify errors without having to save
an attachment and then open it up in another application.

It's best if long files are not used, because if you can get a short file to
show your problem, it's better for your thinking and better for the people
who are trying to answer.

But if you need a long file, then I think an attachment is best.

Just my opinion, of course.

Thanks,

Carl