Re: RE; Re nesting curves getting closer

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: RE; Re nesting curves getting closer
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 00:46:44 +0000

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 12:39:51AM +0100, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
> > > IMHO, perfect would be to *attach* a complete lilypond file, so that
> > > people
> >
> > Well, IMO, it's better to have a short file in the body of the email.
> > Because that way I can look at it and identify errors without having to save
> > an attachment and then open it up in another application.
>
> I don't *have* to save to attachment to just view it.

That's nice.  But like Carl, I find it easier to look at the file
in the body of an email.

Granted, it depends if it's a minimal example or not.  If it is,
then it'll only be 5 lines long or so.  If it's longer, I won't
look at it anyway, so it's a moot point.

> I said that it's
> easier (if the purpose is to compile it) to just save it than to cut/copy
> the relevant bits from the body of the mail.

That's nice.  I find it easier to copy&paste.

> [If you cannot view attached text files inline, I guess that it's a
> shortcoming of the mail client you use...]

That's nice.

Cheers,
- Graham