Re: [2.13.11-1] lilypond-book: duplicate filename but different contents

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: [2.13.11-1] lilypond-book: duplicate filename but different contents of orginal file
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:50:57 +0100

Le dimanche 24 janvier 2010 à 18:36 +0200, Dmytro O. Redchuk a écrit :
> Well, i believe this mean that i use the same music fragment in several
> different places.
>
> If so, i believe that these warnings do not mean that i'm getting any
> troubles with that piece(s).
>
> If so... Sorry for the noise :O)
>
> 2.12 does not produce such warnings, that's why i was getting "to feel
> unstable".

You're right that this warning and the printed diff mean nothing more
than the fact you use one snippet twice, and that LilyPond is called
only once by lilypond-book to compile it; these warnings are usually
harmless, but we have suspected hash collisions, that's why we
introduced some code to actually catch occurrences.

For 2.14 I want to make lilypond-book silence out this warning in case
the two snippets differ only by source location.

You're welcome for this kind of noise :-)
Best,
John