left-aligned dynamics

From: James Bailey
Subject: left-aligned dynamics
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:18:10 +0100

I use the Scheme hack to get dynamics that sound properly with text:
pcantabile = #(
   make-dynamic-script (
    markup #:line (
         #:dynamic "p" #:hspace -1 #:normal-text #:italic ", cantabile"
    )
  )
)

Since I really don't understand any of how that works (I mean, I understand that it's markup written in Scheme language, I just don't understand the Scheme bits) can someone tell me how to modify this so that it's left-aligned, rather than center aligned like normal dynamics. I already have a shortcut defined for \once \override DynamicText #'direction = #-1, but it would be nice to not have to put that in, since every time I use one of these dynamic scripts, I want it left-aligned.

Any help is much appreciated.