Re: left-aligned dynamics

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: left-aligned dynamics
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 00:59:57 +0100

Am Dienstag, 26. Januar 2010 00:53:16 schrieben Sie:
> Hi James,
>
> > What I really want to do is set the X-offset to LEFT inside the Scheme
> > defintion. Is that possible? If not, I'm okay with it, I've lived with it
> > this long, I just thought I'd ask.
>
> IIRC, we discussed this when that snippet was being developed — and the
>  answer ended up being "No."  =( However, you can always write a music
>  function which would do the alignment for you.

IIRC, the snippet had some deeper requirements, namely that "pp" and "sempre
pp" should be lined up exactly, where the "pp" is center-aligned. That's much
harder than simply setting the dynamic text to left/right aligned.

Simply changing the DynamicText to left-aligned might be possible including
the equivalent of a \tweak in the scheme code. But then, it might be the case
that the make-dynamic-script command does not return the dynamic text object,
and then this approach is not possible, either (like you cannot change e.g.
the color of a stem using a \tweak, since the note like "c4" does not return
the stem object).

Cheers,
Reinhld
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886