Re: Temporary polyphonic passages in TabStaff

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Temporary polyphonic passages in TabStaff
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 01:13:35 +0100

Oscar van Eijk wrote:

The answer has already been given, namely to use the method shown in the second example of
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Common-not
ation-for-percussion#Percussion-staves
The trick is to use the standard > construct for polophony. If you use version 2.12 or earlier, you also have to explicitly instantiate two TabVoice contexts (just replace DrumVoice by TabVoice in the example) called "1" and "2" (these names are hard coded and cannot be changed). If you use version 2.13, there's no need to explicitly instantiate these TabVoice contexts, LilyPond will automatically do the right thing when it sees a > construct.

Not quite.... I tested this, and with the sampled I sent in my original mail
that worked fined.
Problem is, I need this construct in more locations, but it works ok only
the first time it occures :-S
You have to adjust the "s1*2" to keep the TabVoice contexts alive during the full piece (or alternatively update to the latest development version 2.13.x, where this trick is no longer needed).

 /Mats