LilyPondTool

From: Gerard McConnell
Subject: LilyPondTool
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:44:02 -0000

Hello,
when I use the following line in the console:
%lilypond -dbackend=svg %buffer
I'm guessing that 1. I'm calling LilyPond 2. sending it
an argument (or parameter?) and 3. telling LilyPond to
process the file in the buffer.   What exactly is the %?
I presume that I can replace %buffer with a path to some
 file, but for instance if I enter:
%lilypond -dbackend=svg "c:\documents and setting\dad\desktop\musicpages\bella.ly"
I get a:
warning: cannot find file: 'etc'.
Finally, is it possible for me to direct the output to a
specific folder?
By the way, the svg output from 2.12.2 is already great,
it's hard to imagine how it has been improved for 2.14.
Thanks,
Gerard