Re: \hideNotes in TabStaff (was: Re: Temporary polyphonic passages inTab

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: \hideNotes in TabStaff (was: Re: Temporary polyphonic passages inTabStaff)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:46:58 -0000

Oscar van Eijk wrote Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:39 PM

Another one though; also in the original sample you might have seen I use \hideNotes. Thet doesn't seem to have any affect in the TabStaff. As a workaround I made set the transparent property of TabNoteHead to ##t.
Is this a known issue or were my expectations incorrect?

\hideNotes and \unHideNotes are designed to work only with
ordinary staves and voices.  In TabStaff they will hide
stems, beams, dots, etc (if these are being displayed)
but not the fret labels from TabNoteHead.  Maybe they should,
or are there situations where you would want to hide notes
in the normal staff but not in TabStaff or vice versa?

Setting the transparent property will work fine, but
you may find the underlying staff lines are whited out
in releases after 2.13.6 or thereabouts unless you also
set the whiteout property of TabNoteHead to #f.

Trevor