Re: \hideNotes in TabStaff

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: \hideNotes in TabStaff
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:31:04 +0100

Federico Bruni schrieb:
Il giorno Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:39:40 +0100
Oscar van Eijk <address@hidden> ha scritto:

Another one though; also in the original sample you might have seen I
use \hideNotes. Thet doesn't seem to have any affect in the TabStaff.
As a workaround I made set the transparent property of TabNoteHead to
##t. Is this a known issue or were my expectations incorrect?

If you want to hide notes both in Staff and in TabStaff you can use
this command (maybe the name is not so appropriate, choose what you
prefer):

hideFretNumber = {
\once \override TabNoteHead #'transparent = ##t \once \override TabNoteHead #'whiteout = ##f \once \override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t \once \override Stem #'transparent = ##t \once \override NoteHead #'no-ledgers = ##t \once \override Accidental #'transparent = ##t }

In the tablature mailing list they are discussing the idea of adding
such a command:
hideTabNoteHead = {
  \once \override TabNoteHead #'transparent = ##t
  \once \override TabNoteHead #'whiteout = ##f
}
http://n2.nabble.com/Re-tie-bug-in-2-13-10-td4291079.html#a4291079

Marc (or Carl), can you make a summary of what's happening?
We discussed this idea, and for now, it is best to include this definition
in the file concerned (or to define a common file ready for inclusion) on
the user's side.

Marc

Thanks,
Federico