Re: 2.13.11-1: Y-offset for RehearsalMark?

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: 2.13.11-1: Y-offset for RehearsalMark?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:06:22 +0200

У чт, 2010-01-28 у 16:54 +0100, Alexander Kobel пише:
> Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:
> > But, anyway, in this example i'm using only one Staff, so this means
> > that *in any case* (regardless one-staff or multi-stave system) i need
> > to remove and re-attach those engravers to get 'outside-staff-padding
> > working for marks --- really?
>
>  From the viewpoint of vertical spacing, I guess the lyrics are
> considered as a second staff.  So I'm afraid I think the answer is "yes".
Yes, i see.

> > If i wish to have every staff having its own separate metronome marks
> > --- something strange, probably,-) ---i need to use two commands to move
> > them vertically. If i wish to have every staff having its own
> > RehearsalMarks --- i need to use 'Y-offset.
>
> Well, I'm not quite sure of this one.  'outside-staff-padding should
> already be enough.  Did you test this?  (I didn't, to be honest.)
What exactly? If i move engraver to Staff context, yes,
'outside-staff-padding is enough, i can move marks up and down.

> If I understand you correctly, you're confusing "staff" and "system".
> By default, the Mark_engraver sits in the Score context, which contains
> elements and settings common for all objects inside a system.  By
> default, Marks are only printed once, so they're naturally placed there,
> and printed on top of _all_ staves in the system (by "staves", I also
> mean lyrics, chords, ... - essentially all contexts that can be
> contained in a score).
> AFAIU, if you add the Mark_engraver to a staff, 'outside-staff-padding
> should only be applied to the very staff the engraver is attached to.
Yes, it's clear, thanks. I, probably, should say: "by default
Mark_engraver is attached to Score and 'Y-offset works nice (for
RehearsalMarks, for now, the future is unclear), while
'outside-staff-padding does not work --- to get it working i need to
re-attach Mark_engraver to Staff".

So, my offsets should be increased by two :-)

Thank You!

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk