Accidentals and Fingerings

From: David Stocker
Subject: Accidentals and Fingerings
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:12:59 -0500

Is there any reason why fingerings in these two chords should behave differently relative to the noteheads in their respective chords?

Incidentally, in the score I'm working on, the behavior of these two examples is reversed, with the "2" on the b in the first chord appearing closer to its notehead than the fingering indications in the upper voice are to theirs and I had to fix its position with \tweak. When I compiled this minimal example, I was surprised to see that the first example printed the way I would consider "normal" and the second chord requires manual positioning for the "1" on the b in the lower voice. This is interesting, no?

%%%%minimal example%%%%

\version "2.13"

\include "english.ly"

fingers = {