Re: The q repeat command and fingerings

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: The q repeat command and fingerings
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:31:05 -0500

Thanks Nicolas.

Also, q might be taught to ignore octave modifiers in \relative mode. Take a look at the following code.

%%%%minimal example%%%%

\version "2.13"

\include "english.ly"

notes = {
 \relative c' {
   <c, e g>4 q q q q q q q

\score {
 \new Staff = "Guitar" {
   \clef "treble_8"
   \key c \major
   \time 4/4
   \notes

%%%%end minimal example%%%%

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
Le 29 janv. 2010 à 16:27, David Stocker a écrit :

The q command is really a time saver and I'm really glad to have it. After
using it in scores, I have the following observation:

q makes it really easy to reprint chords and articulations that are attached to them, but it also reprints
fingerings. As a general rule, fingering indications are not repeated for every chord or note. Writing "<c-3
e-2 g-0 c-1 e-0>4 q q q" will result in the fingering indications being repeated for each repetition of the
chord. I avoid this by writing "<c-3 e-2 g-0 c-1 e-0>4 <c e g c e> q q" instead. Is this
something that can be modified, or will we just have to live with the way it is?

No, you're right to report it. I've added an issue to the tracker and am
working on it: <http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1003>

BTW, I'm not at all displeased with the way it currently works; like I said, it
saves time regardless. I just wonder if it's possible to refine it.

Please report other problems you encounter with `q'.  It's a young command
that certainly needs to be perfected.

Nicolas

\version "2.13"

\include "english.ly"