Re: Octavation

From: Kirill Sidorov
Subject: Re: Octavation
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 22:39:11 -0800 (PST)

There has been some progress, gentlemen.

This concoction of mine might be of interest to some:

http://www.sidorefa.com/sib2ly/

To my best knowledge, this tool is substantially more powerful
than other existing Sib->Ly converters.
You are welcome to try it out.
The whole thing is absolutely free and open source, naturally.

Written as a two-part suite: a dumb Sibelius plug-in that does nothing
but dump the whole score into an .xml file, and the main part -- the
interpreter --
that does the translation into .ly
The interpreter is written in Ruby, packaged as a standalone .exe for
convenience.

More info at http://www.sidorefa.com/sib2ly/

Best,

Kirill Sidorov