Re: New Sibelius to LilyPond conversion suite

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: New Sibelius to LilyPond conversion suite
Date: 01 Feb 2010 22:53:34 +0100

Kirill <address@hidden> writes:

> > Must I conclude that this, too, requires Sibelius 6 or higher?
>
> I have no way of testing if it works for Sibelius earlier than 5.
> However, I see no reason why it shouldn't work with Sibelius 5.
> I have only tested it with Sibelius 6, though.
>
> Try running the dump plugin in your earlier version of Sibelius. If
> it doesn't throw an error, than in principle the second phase should
> be fine too.

I wrote the initial message since it does thow an error :(

  Exporters/sib2lydump:processStaff:6-Cannot get field NumStaveLines

If I fake this, next is:

  Exporters/sib2lydump:processStaff:6-Cannot get field HasBracket

If I fake this as well the dump seems to complete okay.

I can run the converter on Fedora Linux after installing the
appropriate ruby packages.

Two problems:

- For a particular score, it generates parts "sopr", "[Soprano]" and
  "altII".
  [Soprano] is an invalid name for (my version of) LilyPond.

- All staffs come out as RhythmicStaffs. After changing these to
  ordinary Staffs LilyPond produces a decent score.
  No lyrics and chords, though.

This is really very good stuff!

-- Johan