Re: Lilypond vs Score

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lilypond vs Score
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 17:50:49 -0700

On 2/1/10 3:08 PM, "David Bobroff" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2/1/2010 9:57 PM, Bobber wrote:
>>
>> Is anyone familiar with Score and what makes it superior?
>>

> to use Finale, but haven't in several years) and he is also probably
> correct when he says that most major publishing houses use Score.  Then
> again, most large businesses use Windows, too.....

SCORE is currently available for Windows systems that can run DOS (so it may
not work under Windows 7 -- I don't know one way or another).

You can get SCORE here:

 http://www.scoremus.com/

Check out Products.  Current cost is $300.

You can find some samples of SCORE usage here:

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~craig/score/

Based on what I've read, the nicest thing about SCORE is that one can have
infinite control over spacing of particular objects.

Based on what I've seen, I couldn't stand to use the SCORE input format --
LilyPond is vastly superior.

I guess there are still a few places where we can't make LilyPond do the
right thing; as far as I'm concerned that's the only place where it would be
superior to use SCORE.

But I find LilyPond to be far superior.

HTH,

Carl