Re: Lilypond vs Score

From: Jack Cooper
Subject: Re: Lilypond vs Score
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 20:06:30 -0800 (PST)

I'm not saying it is inconceivable that a DOS-based relic of a program would be
considered
superior to any open source or commercially developed notation software over
the last twenty
years, but claims like this set my bullshit detector clanging like a chinese
fire drill.

Think of it this way- if you were a major publisher and were dependent upon
trained professional
engravers to provide you with a massive variety of material, would it make good
business sense
at all to insist that all these engravers, many graduating from Berklee or some
other school
where Finale or Sibelius is the standard, learn another format?

Or pay someone to translate output from other formats into the *DOS-based*
score?

Just sayin'...

  Jack

--