Re: pid leakage in LilyPond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: pid leakage in LilyPond
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 11:22:51 +0000

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 09:18:44AM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Patrick Karl <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I have noticed a resource problem in LilyPond, namely invocation of
> > the "Compile/Typeset file" command in interactive mode always
> > consumes one more pid.
>
> You are obviously not talking about LilyPond but some application you
> use as a development shell.
>
> What application?

He's talking about the lilypad editor, which we distribute with
our OSX builds.  Similar to the lilypad editor (same name,
completely different code base) that we distribute with our
mingw builds.

Screenshots here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/learning/macos-x

I don't fault him for confusing lilypond/lilypad, since they're
part of our official binaries.  And the app name is even
"LilyPond.app"... it's actually extremely for newbies to figure
out that lilypad is *not* lilypond.  I think they'd have to either
read the source, or trawl through several years' worth of email
list archives.

Yes, I could fix this, but I don't consider it even a
Medium-priority issue, so I'm not likely to get around to it for a
year or so.  Patches will be thoughtfully considered.

Cheers,
- Graham