Re: Printing entire score on 1 line

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Printing entire score on 1 line
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:34:58 +0100

On 2 February 2010 14:15, pat eyler <address@hidden> wrote:

> My wife is a new lilypond user (and not super computer literate).
> She's trying to typeset a score generated by denemo (see below),
> but the output is all squeezed onto a single line which overflows
> the right side of the page.
>
> I've looked over the lilypond doc output by denemo, and can't see
> anything obvious.  We're running lilypond  2.12.2 on Ubuntue 9.10.

Your first 2 measures are not 4 4th length.
Thus there is a shift, all your mesures are wrong and LilyPond can't
break the line at a barline since barlines do no occur at the "right
place" (where a note ends).

For example replace the first 2 measures by:

  MvmntIVoiceI =  {
    r4 e'2 a'4 %|
    a'4 a' ~ a' a'%|
    %...

and the result is fine.

Barchecks ("|") are usefuls to detect that, is it denemo that comments
them (whith the "%" in front of them)?

Cheers,
Xavier

--