Re: New Sibelius to LilyPond conversion suite

From: Kirill
Subject: Re: New Sibelius to LilyPond conversion suite
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 21:40:34 +0000 (UTC)

Ewald Gutenkunst <ewald.gutenkunst <at> web.de> writes:

> Thanks - with ruby it works well on my mac.
>
> The pdf is made, but I have an error and  warnings:

Dear Ewald,

You report really helped. There was indeed a bug with phrasing
slurs -- fixed now.

The problem with double bar rests is more of a Sibelius bug (very rare),
whereby occasionally Sibelius would report more than one bar rest per
bar (but show only one).
Thanks to your noticing this rare eventuality, this has been fixed and
sib2ly now issues a warning in such cases and proceeds to ignore the extra
bar rests.

Sibelius has another "feature": very rarely the displayed key signature
mismatches the reported key signature (this happened in your example).
In such cases, the only option is to set the key signature again.

With these bugs fixed, your Schubert snippet looks like this:
http://www.sidorefa.com/sib2ly/img/ewald1.png

The fixes will be uploaded shortly.