Re: New Sibelius to LilyPond conversion suite

From: Kirill
Subject: Re: New Sibelius to LilyPond conversion suite
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 23:16:48 +0000 (UTC)

Update for sib2ly released (v1.01, 2 Feb 2010)

* Chord symbols now supported.
* sib2lydump.plg updated to work with Sibelius 5.
* Fixed a serious bug with phrasing slurs.
* Odd cases like multiple BarRests per bar are handled more gracefuly.
* Various other bug fixes.

Updated version can be downloaded from:

http://www.sidorefa.com/sib2ly

I am very grateful to all those who are helping with bug reports.

NOTE: If you are downloading the v1.01, you MUST update
sib2lydump.plg as well. There have been subtle but important
changes there.

Johan,
When you reported that chords do not work, I misunderstood you at first.
The chords as in <c e g> of course always worked.
The chord *symbols* as in "A#7" or "Bbsus4" are now implemented in version 1.01.
The example you sent me translates fine, so do chord symbols in the
example scores that come with Sibelius 5 (but see below).

In general:
  1) Chord symbols must be typeset using "text.staff.space.chordsymbol"
  style in Sibelius (the default).
  2) Chords that match the following regexp, work:
^([A-H])(b|#|)(aug|maj|dim|sus2|sys4|sus|ma|mi|m|-|)   <continued...>
This should take care of the most commonly used ones. More complex ones
will be dealt with in the future. Others generate a warning and are,
for now, ignored.

Incidentally, what does F#m7(4) mean and how do we typeset (4) in lily?