Re: String number tuning

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: String number tuning
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 21:34:03 -0500

Bob,

Not only is it possible, but it is probable that doing so will increase your fun quotient with LilyPond.

You'll be interested in http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Inside-the-staff#Fingering-instructions

In particular, be aware that modifications like \set fingeringOrientations = '#(left) don't have an effect on fingerings placed on notes which are not within a chord construct. That is, if you want a single note fingering to go left (or right or down), you'll have to put it into chord braces -- <b-1>4 rather than b4-1 (that trips up a lot of new users when they start modifying fingering placements).

Have fun,

David

Bobber wrote:
I would like to have more control over where string numbers, left hand fingerings and right hand fingers are placed. I mean putting them below a note, to the side or above. Is this possible?