Re: parts without time (and bars and key)

From: Werner
Subject: Re: parts without time (and bars and key)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:18:00 +0000 (UTC)

Hello James.

> I guess you just use c major and for accidentals See Notation Reference -
Automatic accidentals. One of
> those will do what you want ('dodecaphonic' or possibly 'forget').

Thank you - „forget“ was the right hint!

> I don't know about no time but you can also remove the bar engraver
>
> See same document
>
> Visibility and color of objects

That is a possibility. But I hoped,there is a better one.
(Something like

\time 3/4
music
\time none
music
\time 4/4
music

I need it only for a part (duration 41 quarter-notes), so I did:

  \once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t
  \time 41/4

But:
One voice doesn't play this part. So I wrote

  R4*41

This always brings a warning, that bar check didn't work (but the printout is OK
then.

> It's all in there if you look hard enough.

Shure - as seen concerning the automatic accidentals.

Werner