Re: lily pond

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: lily pond
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 13:08:40 +0000

Tim,

The file you see to 'test the app' is the *.ly file you would then save and either drag and drop on the Lilypond.app or you would right click on the file you have saved and using the windows context menu 'open with...' choose Lilypond.

So to start your own file you would simply open notepad, edit your score in the correct syntax, save as a *.ly (not *.txt or *.rtf) file.

Then the Lilypond application would process your *ly file and (hopefully) create your PDF.

There have been more detailed instructions written for Windows users in the 'Learning' Manual that is not yet in any stable release version of the compiled binaries.

They have only recently been updated (by myself actually) and contain screenshots as well to make it more understandable for those users expecting a GUI or not necessarily used to just using cli.

Even in the development release (2.13.11) precompiled binaries the changes to the documentation are not there. As they were added to a later iteration of the development version that is not available pre-compiled yet.

However I could send you the PDF via personal email if you so wish as I think the instructions will still apply here even if you have the 2.12. version. The way Lilypond creates and compiles input files hasn't changed.

Let me know.

James