Re: String number in/out of the staff

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: String number in/out of the staff
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 00:27:33 -0500

Bob,

After fooling around with this, I'm not quite sure what you're after. Could you please explain where you want the string number indication to appear?

David

Bobber wrote:
Ok, I'm getting the hang of things a little better now.

Here's a tricky measure I'm working on. It has left hand fingerings and a string number. I don't quite understand the behavior of the string number. If I designate right or left, it goes next to the note and on the staff. But if I put up or down, it goes off the staff. I would like to designate down but have it go right below the not and on the staff.
% measure  19:
      <<
{ \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left) \set stringNumberOrientations = #'(down)
          r8 <e'-4\2>8 <g'-2> <e'-4> <g'-2>4 }  \\
         { \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)              <e-1>2. }