Re: Rehearsal marks

From: Werner
Subject: Re: Rehearsal marks
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 18:37:23 +0000 (UTC)

I'm more confused about, rehearsel marks are always *centered* over the element,
they belong to. (Would like to have the possibility of left-align.)

Because the rehearsel marks give the possibility, to get information in every
single-voice but also in the whole partitur - there only once automatically, its
a great thing. But I failed with tries like:
\mark \markup {\halign #1 {A \italic {fließend, frei im Rhythmus} } }
(I wanted the A above the first note and the text just behind...)

I had to define two marks, the second bound to another note, which is not always
good, if not every voice has the same note-values atthe beginning.

Maybe it would help
<<a8 \mark ... s8 \mark ...>>
maybe not, I even didn't try.
Maybe
s1*0 \mark ... a8 \mark ...
could solve the problem.
But not always the spacer rests behave as I suppose.
To longer text-Spanners or sustain they don't work very well.
There and maybe here also can help something like
\once \override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t
\grace c1
grace doesn't trouble the bar-check and a whole note has only a head, which wont
be printed. (make shure there are no ledger lines or accidentals)