[2.13] Problem with two consecutive interruped lyrics

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: [2.13] Problem with two consecutive interruped lyrics
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 21:17:07 +0200

Hi.

I have a score with two stave and two lyrics lines both of which have
"long pauses" --- let's say, a half of staff singing and next half ---
silence.

And i want to place both lyrics lines between these two stave. The
problem is that 2.12 could place both lyric lines at the same baseline
(twolyrics-2.12.3.png, attached), however i can not force 2.13 to do the
same (twolyrics-2.13.12.png).

Snippet (one measure):

% -----------8<-----------------------------

melody = \relative c'' {
  c c c c
}

upperLyr = \lyricmode {
  la la _ _
}

lowerLyr = \lyricmode {
  _ _ la la
}

\score {
  \new ChoirStaff <<
    \new Staff = "upper" {
      \new Voice = "upper" {
        \melody
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "upper" \upperLyr
    \new Staff = "lower" {
      \new Voice = "lower" {
        \melody
    \new Lyrics \with {
      alignAboveContext = "lower"
    } \lyricsto "lower" \lowerLyr

}

So, two images illustrate my "problem", please help.

I've tried with affinity and spacing parameters but failed. I could make
a gap a bit smaller, not more.

Thanks!

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk