Re: placing fermata over

From: Patrick Karl
Subject: Re: placing fermata over
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 16:51:33 -0600

On 5 Feb 2010 at 14:50 Paul Scott wrote:

Should the following work?  I'm looking for a way to put a centered
fermata over a bar of music.
(In the actual case I want a tremolo under the fermata.)

\version "2.13.12"

\new Staff << { s1^\fermataMarkup } { a1 } >>

At version 2.12.2 the right way to do that is apparently:

\version "2.12.2"

\new Staff {  a'1 \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" } }

However, that apparently doesn't work for the very last bar line; even in the documentation in Section 1.2.5 of the Notation Reference an apparently irrelevant measure is placed after the bar line with the centered fermata.

Anyone know why it doesn't work for the last bar line?