Re: Lyrics to single stave polyphony

From: David Pounder
Subject: Re: Lyrics to single stave polyphony
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 02:05:36 -0000

Hi Simon,

This trips most new users up. The polyphony construct \\ creates two new
contexts named "1" and "2" - your lyrics are still being fed to your original
context at this time.

There's more than one way around it, but look at section 1.5.2 in the Notation
Reference, particularly at the heading "Temporary Polyphonic Passages."

I would definitely recommend getting into the habit of always naming your
contexts and using \lyricsto instead of \addlyrics for any non-trivial case.

Hope this helps.

David.