"Wedge" and "staccatissimo"

From: Kirill
Subject: "Wedge" and "staccatissimo"
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 05:28:58 +0000 (UTC)

Hi LilyPond Gurus,

This is probably a very trivial question.
As you might know, I am working on a Sibelius to LilyPond translator.
LilyPond has a staccatissimo articulation -| which on paper looks like
a little wedge with a rounded top.
Sibelius has two similar-looking articulations, called "wedge" and
"staccatissimo". Now, the staccatissimo in LilyPond looks like the "wedge" in
Sibelius, and staccatissimo in Sibelius looks like a wedge but with a top that
is concave downward.

Is there any difference between the two?
Might I assume that both "wedge" and "staccatissimo" should be typeset as -| ?

I think the Wikipedia article about staccatissimo has a musical example typeset
with Sibelius:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staccatissimo   (note the concave tops)