Re: Lilypond to MusicXML (was: Re: New Sibelius to LilyPond conversion s

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Lilypond to MusicXML (was: Re: New Sibelius to LilyPond conversion suite)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 10:45:58 +0100 (CET)

Personally I would already be quite happy if Lilypond would only be able to export the most basic information like staffs, clefs, keys, notes, and beamings. More detailed and/or complex details I would then add manually in the software that I use to import the exported musicxml. Even that would already be a big step forward and a time saver compared to exporting score information via MIDI files and editing the result to get a readable and musically correct score.

But the main problem remains: Lilypond developers are also very happy Lilypond users, which could explain the lack of motivation to put a lot of time and effort exporting to a format that only people who do NOT use Lilypond really need ?

I'm a happy Lilypond user, and I don't really need MusicXML export, but it would still be nice to have it some day in the future.

--

Martin