Lyrics: repeat hyphens at beginning of a new line

From: Luca Rossetto Casel
Subject: Lyrics: repeat hyphens at beginning of a new line
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 00:38:08 +0100

Hello,

is there a way to place a hyphen before the syllable of a word when it's positioned into a new line? In other words, when I have a word splitted between more than one line (or more than one page), I'd like to repeat the hyphen that follows the last syllable on the first line before the next one, at the beginning of the new line.

That would make possible recognizing in a clearer way the single words of complex lyrics - I'm working on the critical edition of an XVIII century opera, and the vocal texts are very extended. I also think that in a such way hyphenation would be cleaner, more accurate.

I can obtain it manually adding the hyphen before the syllable between quotes ( Li -- "-ly" -- pond ), but I'd like to implement this feature automatically, because I'm working of a very large number of very, very looong files! :-)

Thanks, thanks in advance... and, please, excuse me for my rusty English.

Luca
Italy