Re: Changing staff size

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Changing staff size
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 18:06:55 +0100

On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 11:53 -0500, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi Mats,
>
> > I hope you don't forget about
> > http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=216
>
> Hasn't this specific issue been solved by the \bookpart?
> i.e., the original problem was that you couldn't "produce different staff
> size of different scores within the same book", but each \bookpart has its
> own \paper block, right?

I'd be happy if you proved me wrong, but as far as I can understand,
each \bookpart results in a new page in the document, so you cannot use
it to get two scores with different staff size on the same page.
Also, when I tried a simple example, I got syntax error if I tried to
place
#(set-global-staff-size 14)
within a \bookpart and if I move it to the top-level, then the last of
the settings applies to all the book parts.

   /Mats