Re: Merging rests with two voices on one staff

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Merging rests with two voices on one staff
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:16:46 +0100

On 12 February 2010 17:54, Michael J. O'Donnell
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. That gets me a long way.

You're welcome!

> I also need to merge whole-measure and multi-measure rests, which, alas,
> the snippet doesn't cover. I will poke into extending the snippet. If
> you've already tried, and know why it's hard, please warn me.

Please, do.  ;-)
Actually I'm not the author of this snippet.
I knew about it because I had to use it, and of course I would be very
happy if you could manage to extend it.

I'm sad I'm not a Scheme coder myself, so I'm not able to give you some
advice about it.

But if you achieve this, could you send a message on -devel and ask for
this to be implemented directly within LilyPond itself?
I think this feature deserves it.

Thanks,
Xavier

--