Mailing Subject Format Inquiry

From: Steven White
Subject: Mailing Subject Format Inquiry
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:01:13 -0600

Hello,

Just an inquiry, but is there any specific reason why the mailing list doesn't have a prepended subject like [lilypond-user]? I just joined the mailing list to read the solutions as I learn lilypond to help my wife out while she is learning to use the engraver. I was shocked to see the volume of emails that come across and the difficulty to visually tell the origin of an email based on the subject line compared to other mailing list.

It is easy to sort based on the cc/to, but I have come accustomed to filtering based on the subject for most of the mailing list I joined and I found it odd that this one did not provide the appendage.

I would also like to take the time to grovel at the developers of this system. It is hands down the most well documented tex style system I have ever used. My personal background is development, but my Wife is writing her thesis in musicology and to create a system that both of us can easily pick up and use is a very impressive feat.

Steven A White