3 problems with LilyPond 2.12.3.1

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: 3 problems with LilyPond 2.12.3.1
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:23:20 -0000

Not sure if these should be posted together or as separate threads, but here goes anyway. I've today encountered 3 issues with LilyPond, one of which I think is a bug and the other 2 are features that I'd like advice on.

1.  If you have the following line in the source file:

"#(set-global-staff-size 0)"

LilyPond gets into a loop of writing:

 "programming error: Improbable offset for stencil: NaN staff space
 Setting to zero."

to the logfile. After 30 seconds I kill the process and the logfile is almost a meg. Clearly I shouldn't set a staff size to zero, but I think LilyPond should detect this, issue a warning, and exit. Could one of the developers check whether this is a bug?

2. I'm trying to engrave a song which uses numerals as its sole lyrics. It appears that LilyPond won't accept numerals in lyrics at all. Is this true, and can anyone point me at a workaround, please?

3. The original music I'm re-typesetting uses beamed quavers in the vocal line. If I try to replicate this, then the beamed set of quavers will only accommodate one lyric syllable, rather than the 2 or 4 in the original. Is there a way of changing this behaviour so that each beamed quaver accommodates a syllable, and it's only slurs that make more than one note per syllable?

Thanks in advance.

--
Phil Holmes