Re: 3 problems with LilyPond 2.12.3.1

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: 3 problems with LilyPond 2.12.3.1
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:55:01 -0000

Hi Phil,

1.  If you have the following line in the source file:
"#(set-global-staff-size 0)"

OOoooo... sounds like a bug to me.  =)

Will this be picked up automatically, or should I report it someplace?

2.  I'm trying to engrave a song which uses numerals as its sole lyrics.

Enclose them in quotes.

That works, thanks - albeit it's a bit of a pain, since the music I have uses individual number as words in the lyric, so the complete lyric set for one section is 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 - so each numeral needs placing in quotes! (Luckily I'm writing a prog that converts from Noteworthy to LilyPond so I've updated it to check for numerals with spaces before and after and escape them with quotes, but it's a bit hack-y).

3. Is there a way of changing this behaviour so that each beamed quaver accommodates a syllable,
and it's only slurs that make more than one note per syllable?

I believe so, but I don't know what it is -- this has definitely been discussed on the list, so check the archives (search on "melisma" maybe?).

See my reply to the next message.

Hope this helps!

It did, thanks.