Re: Spacing issues

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Spacing issues
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:45:34 +0100

On 17 February 2010 12:00, Christian <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am encountering some spacing issues with a piece I angraved with lilypond.
> How can I ajust (1) the number of measures on a system,

Add explicit \break is the easiest way, as far as I know.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Breaks

Or "simply" change the staff-size  "#(set-global-staff-size 14)"
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Setting-the-staff-size

> the (2) with of an individual measure.

According to the documentation:

> There is no convenient mechanism to manually override [horizontal] spacing.
> The following work-around may be used to insert extra space into a score,
> adjusting the padding value as necessary.
>
>   \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn #'padding = #10
>
> No work-around exists for decreasing the amount of space.

You could find some ideas in NR 4.5 "Horizontal spacing"
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Horizontal-spacing

Or use invisible rests of small values in parallel.

  << c1 { \repeat unfold 4 { s16 s s s } } >>

> And how can I (3) place whole-measure rests in the middle of the measure?

By default they are.
Are you sure you use an *uppercase* 'R'?

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>