Re: Mailing Subject Format Inquiry

From: Steven White
Subject: Re: Mailing Subject Format Inquiry
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:35:01 -0600

For my part I just move everything to a lillypond-user folder now and its equivalent to me. I was fairly busy yesterday and unable to reply, but the thread has seen a lot of activity so. Let me try.

The first two

From Carl:
You may want to consider having a chord and tweaking the note head of one of
the notes (i.e., you can have a 1/4 note chord and tweak the note head of
one of the notes to be a 1/2 note head.)

Thank you for this it is the solution I finally took. I would not have thought about it on my own.

Not sure exactly what you want here, but Chopin's
piano music is full of chords containing notes of
differing duration.  There's an extended example of
how to deal with them in the Learning Manual.  Have
a look at section 4.5.3 Real music example to see
if that helps solve your problem.

Trevor

Also a big help. I have most of the source now. Planning on reviewing it Friday before I start back on the work. I have recived got several ideas on better methods for marking off sections of music. I will look in to them over the weekend and post some feed back on each.

I missed a few emails in this thread so I switched Thunderbird to threaded view. It doesn't bug me to use multiple folders, But it can get rather clunky. Graham brings up a good point about screen size. I work on a 17 inch laptop most of the time which I regularly hook up to a 22inch LCD screen when in my lab. So, to me screen space isn't an issue and I often forget about people who need to work with larger fonts or prefer to check email on smaller devices phones/netbooks etc.

procmail is not a bad idea. I am an IMAP user so I will have to think about it. The length of this thread actually makes me wonder if just writing a thunderbird extension would be worth the time. I'm still in the camp that I prefer the list name appended to the subject. I think it makes the emails look less personal, but that doesn't mean everyone should be forced to use them.

Steven