Re: dynamic and midi velocity

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: dynamic and midi velocity
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:16:05 +0100

Peter Chubb wrote:
"miquel" == miquel parera <address@hidden> writes:

miquel> I want translate the dynamics of one note (\pppp, \ff etc) to
miquel> midi velocity values (0-127) I'ts possible?

Lilypond uses a separate volume channel, rather than velocity, to
control MIDI dynamics.  There's a perl script `ConvertToVeolcity.perl'
that can convert the midi output and add velocity info to each note.

That's a bug then. Musically \p means velocity change and not volume.