recovering LilyPond user....

From: Mika Kuuskankare
Subject: recovering LilyPond user....
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:38:37 +0200

Hi,

Greetings to the list.

I'm currently looking into Lilypond for a project that I'm doing. I have a
couple of questions I could not find an answer to right away:

(1) I'm using a nice snippet by Nicolas Sceaux that provides for a title page.
Is it also possible to include the title and composer at the top of the first
page that contains notation (as it is done by default)?

(2) Can I change the number of staff-lines in the middle of a measure (or by
measure at least), say when switching between different percussion instruments?

(3) Can I somehow force a piece of text in the score to reserve more horizontal
space for itself? For example, when there is "pizz" in one note and "arco" in
the next one is it possible to force more space for the "pizz"?

best,

Mika Kuuskankare