"Strange" spacing: systems, pages and ragged-last-bottom

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: "Strange" spacing: systems, pages and ragged-last-bottom
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:03:51 +0200

Hi!

Sorry, rather "strange question".

I have one particular score (68 measures, with lyrics, no manual breaks,
one \noBreak), lilypond lays it out in four pages (4+5+4+2 = 15
systems).

When i put "page-count = #3" in \paper block, lilypond lays it out in
three pages (4+5+6 = 15 systems), but last system runs out of page,
overlaying tagline.

When i comment out page-count and put "ragged-last-bottom = ##f" ---
i get "almost perfect" layout (better to specify "system-count = #13" in
this case), in three pages (4+5+4 = 13 systems).

To be honest, the last result is the strangest for me :-)

I believe, here is something to improve --- can i help to do that? Which
information should i provide? Which tests to perform?-)

Yes, i believe that here is a little, minor, low-priority imperfectness,
and i would like to be of help.

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk