Re: Lilypond-book not working after installing Python 3

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book not working after installing Python 3
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:33:11 +0100

Op vrijdag 26-02-2010 om 16:16 uur [tijdzone -0300], schreef Han-Wen
Nienhuys:
> IIRC I saw a bunch of changes by Jan some time ago to make our scripts
> support both Python 2.x and 3.x

That's in GUB.  I'm not sure if doing it for lilypond is quite that
easy.

If someone's interested, look at & try 'make python3' in GUB and
at the compatibility libs

$ find vc/gub/gub/{2,3} -name '*.py'
vc/gub/gub/2/db.py
vc/gub/gub/2/octal.py
vc/gub/gub/2/4/hashlib.py
vc/gub/gub/2/syntax.py
vc/gub/gub/2/6/md5.py
vc/gub/gub/3/new.py
vc/gub/gub/3/db.py
vc/gub/gub/3/urllib2.py
vc/gub/gub/3/octal.py
vc/gub/gub/3/md5.py
vc/gub/gub/3/syntax.py

> I think it is possible to support both with some work, and some loss
> of neatness in the code.

Right.

Greetings,
Jan.