Re: "Programming error" message

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: "Programming error" message
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:35:34 -0800

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Tim McNamara <address@hidden> wrote:
> Here's the programming error I mentioned in my other post.  It is repeated
> about seven or eight times:
>
> programming error: FT_Get_Glyph_Name () error: invalid argument
> continuing, cross fingers
> programming error: Glyph has no name, but font supports glyph naming.
> Skipping glyph U+FFFFFFFF, file
> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf/CenturySchL-Roma.otf
> continuing, cross fingers
>
> The output seems to be unaffected and there is nothing missing from the
> printed score.

Warnings like these often occur when a file is not saved in UTF-8.

Also, which LilyPond version are you using?  I've been working on a
lot of Pango/text issues lately, so some of the error messages have
changed form in recent 2.13 versions.

If your file *is* saved in UTF-8, please post it to the list so I can
inspect it.

Thanks,
Patrick