Re: "Programming error" message

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: "Programming error" message
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 09:16:33 +0000

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 09:36:34AM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Perhaps it makes sense to add a UTF-8 checker
> to lilypond just for that.

This would certainly cut down on the number of questions asking
"how do I write an accented character?".  OTOH, it might prompt
confusion about how to save files in utf-8 in all sorts of
editors, but this can be dealt with in the newbie documentation.

I think such a checker would be a good idea.

Cheers,
- Graham