Re: Lilypond-book not working after installing Python 3

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book not working after installing Python 3
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 00:49:39 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:
> By the way, I estimate that switching all our scripts to python
> 3.x would take 40 hours, with an additional 20 hours required to
> make GUB include python 3.x in the installers.

I'm not much of a Pythonist alas, never mind the complexity of teaching
myself properly how the internals of LP work; but it might be worth
adding something to the documentation -- I guess the Windows install
instructions? -- emphasising that Lilypond should be run with Python 2.4
or later, and NOT with Python 3.x (and perhaps explaining how people who
need Python 3 can run/use it effectively without disturbing Lilypond).

If that sounds good, where in the docs would you like it?

Best wishes,

    -- Joe