Re: Strange message with autochange

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Strange message with autochange
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 09:32:27 +0100

George_ wrote:
I could try that. But would it be possible to request a feature that allows
manual and automatic staff changes at the same time?
Well, if you manage to describe how that should work. If you imagine yourself in the role of the autochanger, how would you react if somebody else did some extra staff changes every now and then. When should you start doing your ordinary job after such a change?

What might make sense, in such a situation, is the possibility to temporarily turn off the autochange functionality in the middle of a score and then turn it on again some measures later. I wouldn't be surprised if that's already very easy to do, since most of the functionality is implemented in Scheme.

   /Mats
Thanks

George

James Bailey-4 wrote:
The only problem I have with this is that I don't think that manual staff changes are supposed to work with autochange. I could force things to work, but the known issues and warnings says that if you want high quality output, staff switches should be specified manually. And yeah, I realize that for your 500 page fugue that sucks, but it's as easy as defining a variable,
csu = \change Staff = "up",
and then using that variable when you want to have a staff change, \csu.