Re: Lyrics across multi-voice sections

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Lyrics across multi-voice sections
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:37:25 -0000

Mats Bengtsson wrote Monday, March 01, 2010 2:59 PM

The main point of confusion is that you cannot do what seems most intuitive, namely to use the << \\ >> construct. You will never be able to make this point in the manual, unless you also include an example of what does not work. I was convinced that I had seen such an example somewhere in the documentation, but cannot find it right now.

You may be thinking of 5.1.3 in the Notation Reference,
which shows a similar situation but where the point being
made is how to keep contexts alive when the melody line
is silent for a few bars.  Although even here there is no
example of a construct that does not work.

Trevor