Re: Suppressing the o in fret diagrams

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Suppressing the o in fret diagrams
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 06:25:02 -0700

On 3/2/10 1:59 AM, "keith Luke" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is it possible to suppress the open string indicator in fret diagrams?
>
> Instead of \fret-diagram #"4-2-2;3-1-1;2-o;1-o;" I would like the equivalent
> of \fret-diagram #"4-2-2;3-1-1;2- ;1- ;" where the o does not appear on
> strings 2 and three.

If you look in the internals reference under the Fret-diagram-interface
(which is shown as a link in the Notation Reference under Fret diagram
markups), you will see there is a property 'open-string.

Simply override it to "" instead of "o", following the patterns in the
snippet Customizing markup fret diagrams (found in the Notation Reference).

\override TextScript #'(fret-diagram-details open-string) = #""

Note: I've given this much detail, not to embarrass you for not finding this
information, but to hopefully teach you how you can find it on your own in
the future and not have to wait for a response from the list.

HTH,

Carl