Re: a \new Score question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: a \new Score question
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 15:16:06 +0100

James Bailey wrote:
I know that doing \new Score is generally not recommended, but in the process of helping someone I came across a couple of questions, and the only solution I could find required me to do \new Score. First, the goal here is have a score with four separate staves, but an ambitus that encompasses all of them; it's a canon.
\version "2.12.3"
\new Score \with { \consists Ambitus_engraver } {
You can obtain the same result without \new Score, if you do
\score{
\layout{
 \context{
   \Score